Who we are
If you reside in the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, Iceland or Switzerland, you may have additional rights with respect to your Personal Data, as further outlined below. These rights may include rights under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the EU, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland.
Collection of your Personal Data
Your Personal Data is collected on our behalf by Third Party software and passed directly to us. This Third Party software is:
Website Travel Pty Ltd: Website Travel is a travel consolidator and provides Don’t Wait Adventures with travel engine booking software that collects your Personal Data which is stored and used solely for the purpose of managing your travel bookings. Our reservations consultants access your Personal Data through an interface provided by Website Travel. The Personal Data collected and stored is:
- Your Name (first and last)
- A contact email address for you
- Your country of residence
- A contact telephone number for you
- The travel product you have booked or are enquiring about including the number of people you will travel with, in some cases the names of the other people you will travel with, your date or birth or age, the date of your travel, and the price of the travel product .
- Any special travel requirements that you may provide voluntarily such as dietary requirements, fitness levels, medical conditions.
Facebook Messenger: Communication on our Agent Portal is available through the Facebook Messenger app. Facebook collects your interaction with this application via cookies, unique identifiers for advertising, and usage data. Your personal privacy settings within Facebook determine if any information is available for us to view, however, we do not collect any data in this regard.
We display content from other external platforms on our website that may collect non-personal identification information about your usage whenever you interact with our Websites. Non-personal identification information may include, but is not limited to, the browser name, operating system, IP address, versions, the type of computer and other technical information about your device and software. You are advised to consult the Privacy Policies of these services independently. These are:
Google and Facebook Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Fonts, Google Maps and You Tube Video Widget, Google Adwords, Facebook Advertising Platform, DoubleClick for Advertisers, Facebook Custom Audience, Google Tag Manager, Sitehost and Cloudflare.
Sharing your Personal Data
Don’t Wait Adventures shares your Personal Data with the travel operators that you make travel reservations with via our Websites, email interactions between you and our reservations consultants, and telephone. The Personal Data is used for the purpose of providing you with your travel itinerary and is the full extent of the data that you provide us as outlined above.
Don’t Wait Adventures does not share your Personal Data beyond the requirements of providing the Services of Don’t Wait Adventures to you.
Our usage of your Personal Data
Without the above prescribed Personal Data we would be unable to provide you with the Services you request. Above and beyond making the necessary travel reservations on your behalf, we use your Personal Data to:
- Improve our customer service to you. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service enquiries and support needs more efficiently;
- Personalise the response our reservations consultants provide to you. Your data helps us to ensure that we are providing you the best possible travel advice and information to match your requirements;
- Improve our Service. We may use feedback you provide to improve our Services. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Customers as a group use our Websites and all channels of communication. We use it to diagnose and fix problems you might have while using the Websites;
- Process payments. We may use the information you provide when making a travel reservation to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service as outlined above.
- Comply with accounting and legal legislation. In some cases we use your data to invoice you, keep you in our accounting system or in the legal archives as needed by the law.
- Honour our contractual commitments to you: Much of our processing of Personal Data is to meet our contractual obligations to you to provide our Services.
- Inform you of new products, promotions, travel news and advice, surveys or other company improvement or training activities. We send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- Send periodic emails. We may use the email address you provide to send you information and updates pertaining to travel Services on our Websites. Your email address will also be used to respond to your enquiries, questions, send you travel booking confirmations, and/or other requests. We may use the email address you provide to send you emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your Personal Data?
We do everything possible to protect your data. This includes but is not limited to HTTPS/SSL, SSH and other encryption protocols for data access. Sensitive and private data exchange between our Websites and any Third Party solutions as detailed above happens mostly over a HTTPS/SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital encryption keys. Our servers are protected by firewalls. The payment processing provided by Website Travel as outlined above is in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for you. We adopt appropriate data protection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your Personal Data, passwords if any, transaction information, any content and data stored on our servers. However, no security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error, so our Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Nonetheless we do our very best to make sure your data is and remains 100% confidential.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the right to object to the processing and collection of your personal data, and to withdraw your consent at any time, except where otherwise determined by applicable law. Please understand that removing yourself from our databases may jeopardise our ability to provide you with your requested travel Services.
You can unsubscribe from e-mails from Don’t Wait Adventures by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our communications or by notifying us in person via email at [email protected] Please keep in mind that the e-mail unsubscribe settings only apply to the Website which you unsubscribe to if you are receiving from more than one of our Websites.
You can request at any time the export and provision to you of the Personal Data we hold on you and/or the deletion of your Personal Data from all our systems. For your protection we may take steps to verify your identity before providing you the requested information. Please note that there may be elements of your Personal Data that we must retain for a period of time following your request for deletion based on accounting and legal legislation.
And of course your acceptance of these terms
By making travel enquiries and travel reservations on our Websites and on the other channels such as LiveChat, Facebook Messenger, phone and email you are accepting this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please immediately stop using our Services and request deletion of your data. Your continued use of the Service following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.